Dive Safari / MY Red Sea Explorer
The new luxurious liveaboard MY Red Sea Explorer was constructed in 2019 and offers trips to the best dive sites in the Red Sea.
This unique liveaboard run by Extra Divers sets new standards within its industry, and provide guests with a marvelous trip as it is equipped with the best of the best. MY Red Sea Explorer is specially designed to afford guests maximum space, comfort, quality and safety. Unlike most liveaboards in the region, the ship is crafted out of steel rather than wood.
From summer 2019 - Special price with 30% discount from June to September!
The 9.7-meter-wide and 43-meter-long luxury liveaboard has an elegant air-conditioned salon with a bar and comfortable seating, TV, WIFI (reception & signal strength depending on route and location of the ship), buffet restaurant, dive platform and a large diver deck. The spacious sundecks invite you to relax. Powerful desalination plants always guarantee enough fresh water, and two generators supply 24-hours of power. The friendly crew ensures the best service!
This floating 5-star resort is dedicated to the demands and expectations of scuba divers. Not only does the spacious diving deck provide fresh water rinse tanks, fresh water showers, plenty of storage space for dive equipment and a camera table – even Nitrox is complimentary for divers holding a valid certificate! ENOS is also on board - the best diving rescue system worldwide.
Equipment and Cabines
- 4x Superior Lower Deck with panoramic windows, single beds, bathroom with shower and toilet (including 1 family cabin for 2 adults and 1 child with double bed and the 3rd bed as a sofa bed)
- 4x Superior Upper Deck with large windows, double and single beds, bathroom with shower and toilet
- 3x master cabin main deck with large windows, double bed and single beds, bathroom with shower and toilet
- 1x Royal Suite with approx. 170 ° panoramic view, king size bed, rain shower, toilet and private sundeck
The very spacious and comfortable superior lower deck cabins are equipped with two single beds, air conditioning, TV, large windows, safe, mini fridge, sofa, table, bathroom with shower and toilet, bathrobes, towels. The elegant upper deck superior cabins with double and single beds are almost identically furnished and located (without a sofa and a table) and located on the upper deck. Three master suites are located on the main deck of the ship and also have a small refrigerator, sofa and table. Located on the upper deck of the ship, the Royal Suite or "the real big one" offers the plus ultra of space and comfort. The suite is equipped with a large king size double bed, spacious seating area, rain shower, TV, minibar (first filling included), Nespresso coffee machine and many other amenities in addition to two private French balconies, a private sundeck and almost 170 ° panoramic all around view.
Including full board.
Tasty meals are served buffet style three times a day. Afternoon snacks as well as coffee, tea, water and soft drinks are also included in the price.
For an additional fee, local wines, beers, coffee specialties and canned drinks are available. The meal service starts with the dinner on the first day and ends with the breakfast on the last day.
Eat - Sleep - Dive - Relax!
A safari on the MY Red Sea Explorer leaves nothing to be desired. In general, 3 to 4 dives per day including night dives are offered (first and last cruising day: 2 to 3 dives). Before each dive a detailed briefing will be held. Normally there are 2 experienced dive guides on board. Tanks are 12 litre aluminum (80 cu) with DIN and INT valves. 15 litre steel tanks or rental equipment are available through advanced booking and at extra charge on board. Nitrox 32 is free for certified Nitrox divers. On the dive deck and the diving platform there are fresh water showers, sinks, toilet, a camera and boxes/enough storage space for the equipment. Diving is either done by one of the two spacious 6-meter-long and 2.45-meter-wide zodiacs or from the diving platform. Divers need a minimum experience of at least 50 dives. Generally, the maximum depth is 40 meters. ENOS is used on board (GPS-based emergency detection system for divers). The use of a dive computer and a buoy is mandatory!
- Accommodation in a double cabin
- Transfer from / to the airport (surcharge for transfer from Hurghada on south tours from / to Port Ghalib € 25, - per person and way)
- Full board (meals will start with dinner on the first day and end with breakfast on the last day)
- Soft drinks, water, tea and coffee
- Diving (about 3-4 dives daily, on the first and last cruising day 2 dives per day)
- Tank, weights, dive guide
- WIFI (reception & signal strength depending on route and location of the ship)
- Nitrox (for certified Nitrox divers)Exclusive:
- Egypt entry visa € 30, - per person
- Flight to Marsa Alam or Hurghada
- National Park fees € 120 to € 150 per person and tour (payable locally)
- canned drinks and alcohol
- diving courses (on request, pre-booking required)
- equipment rental (on request, pre-booking required)
- € 30, - per week for 15 litre tanks
To apply for a diving permit with the Egyptian authorities, we need your passport copy when booking your holiday (for short-term bookings at least 1 week before departure). The passport must be valid for at least 6 months upon departure. In case of non-compliance, we assume no liability if there are delays in the departure.
We require a valid dive certification and logbook as well as a valid doctor’s certificate or a medical statement from each diver. At least 50 dives are required, the last dive should not be more than 1 year ago. It is up to the dive guide, to exclude guests who do not meet these requirements or have inadequate diving experience, at some dive sites (current, depth, etc.) without compensation.
The max. depth is 40 meters; appropriate training is required. Decompression dives are not allowed. Carrying a dive computer and a buoy is mandatory and for your own safety. On certain tours (including BDE, Marine Park) night dives are not or only partially possible.
The exact route is weather dependent and depends on the diving experience of our guests. Routing changes due to official orders might be possible in exceptional cases.
Diving is done with 12 litre (80 cu) aluminum tanks (15 litre steel tanks by surcharge and pre-booking). On the ship are usually neither spare equipment nor parts. Equipment, dive torches and computers can be hired on advance notice (prices upon request).
ENOS, the safety & location system for missing divers on the surface, will be provided free of charge for each diver upon request. In the event of loss or damage to the transmitter, Euro 350, - will be charged to the guest.
We recommend a travel health insurance including decompression chamber treatment.
Transfers from Hurghada to Port Ghalib may have a maximum waiting time of 3 hours (for example due to flight delays or collective transfers).
ENOS, AED, 2 life rafts, satellite phone, EPIRB, life jackets, smoke detectors in all rooms, fire extinguishers, oxygen & first aid equipment
- Year of construction: 2019
- Routing: 7 nights’ safari in the northern and southern Red Sea
- Size: 43 meters in length and 9.70 meters in width
- Capacity: 24 guests in 12 double cabins with shower / WC and air conditioning
- Engines: 2x Doosan V222, 1000PS each out of 12 cylinders and 22 litres displacement
- Speed: maximum 14 knots, cruising speed approx. 10 knots
- Electricity: 2x 150kW, 230V & 400V, 50 Hz.
- Water: approx. 18'000 litres + 2x salt water treatment plants with 4.5m³ / 24h each
- Fuel: about 22,000 litres of diesel
- Zodiacs: 2x Tiger Marine Divemaster 600 with Yamaha 4-stroke engines 70hp with a ladder
- Navigation: Radar 48sm, EPIRB, sonar, GPS, plotter, VHF and marine radio
- Compressor: 2x Bauer K15 each 450ltr / min delivery, 1x Mattai Nitrox membrane plant approx. 900ltr / min
- Facilities: 4 sundecks with partial shading, restaurant and lounge with CD / DVD player and TV, sun loungers, outdoor seating, BBQ area.
Euro, US Dollar, Egyptian Pounds, Credit Card (Visa / Mastercard)